<VV> Belt clues

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Fri Jul 5 23:09:25 EDT 2013

I think it was the Gates belt in second.  For most engines other than race
engines, the brand probably doesn’t make a lot of difference as long as the
width and diameter is right.

I know I learned the hard way.  In high school I had a 102/4sp and used to
through a lot of fan belts.  Every time, tried to put the next one on
tighter.  I leaned on a pry bar so hard one day I broke one of the ears off
the generator mount adapter.

When I got back into Corvairs 15 years later and joined Valley CORSA (now
Silicon Valley CORSA) and CORSA, I learned tighter wasn’t better for fan
belts.

dp