<VV> LM trans into an early car

Lon Anderson lonzovair at aol.com
Sun Jul 7 18:37:24 EDT 2013

Clark,
You say it won't work, then you tell them how to make it work. I think a better choice of words would be "It's not a bolt-in fix".
My '61 Greenbrier ran 13+ years while I had it with a '69 powertrain in it. Four 3/8 flat washers stacked on each stud spaced it out... I just replaced that powertrain with the one out of my '64 700 late last year (which was the reason I bought that car in the first place).
I don't know who did the conversion on my '61, or when, but it was like that a long time before I bought it.... and now the speedometer works since it has the "proper" EM differential...
But as for saying it won't work, tell a Bumble bee it can't fly.
;-)
Lonzo