<VV> Prime engine ?

Shelrockbored at aol.com Shelrockbored at aol.com
Wed Jul 10 14:31:46 EDT 2013

One can make a priming tool out of an old distributor.  Remove all the
wires and ignition paraphernalia from the distributor.  Insert the  tool into
the distributor aperture making certain the lower end engages the top  of the
oil pump.  Attache an electric drill to the top end.  Run the  drill for
several minutes.  Then turn the engine by hand while you run the  drill.  You
may need two people to do this; run the drill while someone is  turning the
engine by hand.  This will pump oil to all parts of the  engine.

This procedure is described in the book "Corvair Basics."

Steve Sassi
Long Island Corvair

In a message dated 7/10/2013 10:58:42 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,