<VV> Brakes HELP

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Mon Jul 15 13:47:32 EDT 2013

1969 Monza
Searching for the reason black dust all over the tire/wheel cover, I found that
one of the wheel cylinder  pistons had blown out of the cylinder. ???
There is a plate with 2 fingers behind the "pin" (that the shoes and springs go
on). The forward piston was able to bypass this "Block". I could not get the
rear piston out past the rear "Finger" but I could get it past the front finger.
It appears that that this pin/finger plate & etc can be screwed off of the back
plate. Is this so? Can it be removed?  It's on there TIGHT!
This plate/finger appears to be 1/4" thick.
I'm stuck. Any advice will be appreciated.
Ralph

 That is wrong.. the "finger"  should stop the piston... yours has been bent !  The Wheel cylinder is always removed for service.

Matt Nall... not at Kalamazoo!  :((
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages