<VV> Brakes HELP

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 15 16:34:43 EDT 2013

I own 3 '69s .

 It is difficult to do but you have to remove the 2 screws on the back of the backing plate and then remove the cylinder for service. You can't get the piston etc. out of the cylinder if the fingers are in the proper configuration. Remember  the correct '69 brake hoses are different from the other LMs. Good luck with the two screws that holds the cylinder in place. They were designed by a sadist!!!

Probably the PO did some sort of shade tree repair along the line. I believe the fingers were to stop the piston from being expelled from the cylinder.