<VV> Convention report

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Sat Jul 20 18:25:25 EDT 2013

Hi folks,

We're on our way back home now, we had a really good time at this year's convention - kudos to the organizers and workers!

Today wrapped up with the Car Display at the Gilmore Museum.  I must say it was a wonderful choice of venue, the cars were parked in the grassy "square" between the main buildings and we were free to wander around both the Corvairs and the Museum itself.  I didn't count cars, but there was a very good turnout, with a really big group of wagons - I've not seen this many in one place before.

Yesterday was the autocross - a fun course at US 131 drag strip, they used the roads between RV parking and cones to lay out a fast, flowing, and very long track that was a ball to drive.  If you recall my brake and suspension projects for our wagon, that work turned out well thanks to all the advice I got.  Speaking of the wagon, this trip was "if" all the way - we pulled it out of the paint booth this past Sunday afternoon, but we got there without incident and had a really good time.

Good group at the VV meeting, it's always fun to put faces with names and at the end Carl Kelsen shared both some photos of his right hand drive Monza, along with shots of the first Corvair in Australia, both then and now.

Hope everyone has a safe trip back!

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell | Springfield, Va. | bryan at skiblack.com | http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
  Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa
  '69 Road Runner, '99 Neon R/T, '00 Miata SE, '09 Ford F-150