<VV> Convention Hotel-power outage

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Jul 22 22:38:20 EDT 2013

Funny you should add that. While I was at the Autocross - all day Friday -
my wife had dutifully closed up our small vendor area - including her
Jewelry  display, and moved it up to our 4th floor room. The hardest time I had
on Sat AM  was hauling all of our stuff down 4 floors to pack the truck and
race car,  so we could leave. Dark halls and dark stairwells! I did use my
iPhone light to  find the room numbers during the night escapades. I have
nothing but praise for  the hotel staff on duty during and following the outage.
Hotel Management? The  jury is still out on that.

Maybe it is My wife and my fault. At the Lexington Convention we sat  in
our hotel room and watched a great Lightning and Thunder show over the city.
In advance of the Grand Rapids convention, we sat with our kids in a Chicago
 Hotel room, watch a fantastic lightning show. My daughters, being
California Bay  Area natives, had virtually never seen lightning.  Maybe it is
following us  around, albeit, very slowly . . . .  -Seth Emerson

In a message dated 7/22/2013 7:17:16 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
kcvair at hotmail.com writes:

We were  very fortunate it didn't happen a day sooner when vendors needed
to take their  stuff out of the hotel.  Ken