<VV> Lights out

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Jul 23 17:48:50 EDT 2013

On Jul 22, 2013, at 10:00 PM, ricebugg at comcast.net wrote:

> All:  Haven't you folks ever thought of having a flashlite w/a set of extra batteries in your suit case and another one in your car?  It sometimes gets dark at inconveniant times and situations.

I think I'm with James on this - we carry flashlights in all our cars.  I've had pretty good luck with the HF cheapies, but we have Mag Lites in most of the cars.

I won't pretend to be an authority on hotels, but having been in a bunch lately I don't recall seeing generators outside them (I've seen lots, a backup generator is a fairly substantial device).  For a hotel, other than the legally required battery powered emergency lights, I wouldn't expect them.  I think making sure I have some sort of light in my bag sounds like good advice.

--Bryan