<VV> Last Corvair 5999 / Corvair Museum

Harry Smith harrysmith1957 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 10:20:43 EDT 2013

I agree with all that has been said. A musuem just for Corvairs would
probably not be able to support itself. A more feasible tourist attraction
would be one that promotes & includes "Great American Cars of the Past" or
something to that effect. A few Camaros or Corvettes to attract attention
and of course the ubiquitous '57 Chevy! Cars that mainstream Americans
would be attracted to. I would be able to get my wife to a museum like that
but if I told her it was a Corvair museum I would be going by myself. Just
my observation & opinion.
Harry Smith
1964 Rampside Phone Truck
Coral Springs, FL

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 9:53 AM, Mike Stillwell <yenko117 at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Again, drawing on my experience from Rail, your core "supporters" often
> only make up about 5% of your visitors. The other 95% are the average
> travelers or daisy-pickers that just happen to be in the area and want
> something fun to do. This can be cultivated by partnering with other
> museums or tourist oriented businesses to sell the area as a group and
> cross promote so that visitors can hit a number of spots all in one day,
> spending a few hours and doillars in each. I beleive that any real chance
> at a Corvair Museum would have to follow a similar model to exist. Bill
> does bring up an excellent point as well, about sustaining operating costs
> once it's open.
>  Mike
>  YS-117
> --------------------------------------------
> On Mon, 7/29/13, Harry Yarnell <harryyarnell at verizon.net> wrote:
>   This brings up an interesting point;
>  who would go to a Corvair museum? You,
>  me---only if I was in the area---
>  -----Original Message-----
>  On Behalf Of Bill Hubbell
>  Sent: Monday, July 29, 2013 9:19 AM
>  The problem with a permanent museum is not so much the cost
>  of building it
>  but rather the cost of maintaining it. That requires either
>  a steady stream
>  of visitors or else a very well-endowed permanent trust
>  fund.
>  Bill Hubbell
>  _______________________________________________
> This message was sent by the VirtualVairs mailing list, all copyrights are
> the property
> of the writer, please attribute properly. For help, mailto:
> vv-help at corvair.org
> This list sponsored by the Corvair Society of America,
> http://www.corvair.org/
> Post messages to: VirtualVairs at corvair.org
> Change your options:
> http://www.vv.corvair.org/mailman/options/virtualvairs
>  _______________________________________________


More information about the VirtualVairs mailing list