<VV> [SCG] Engine Size Emblem Removal on Rear Deck Lid

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Mon Jul 29 23:29:31 EDT 2013

WD40 removes the double sided tape.

dp

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of Frank DuVal
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2013 7:32 PM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> [SCG] Engine Size Emblem Removal on Rear Deck Lid

We used urethane instead of silicone in the collision shop. The stuff used
to hold modern windshields in place.

We also used lots of 3M trim tape, since most modern emblems are held on
with double sided tape. What will drive one crazy (especially if one cannot
charge for the time to do it) is removing the old tape to reuse an emblem,
or cut the tape like on the back of a script emblem. AArrrgggg.

I have never seen automotive goop, but I will look for it.

Frank DuVal