<VV> Fuel Prices Per Octane-------Now Fuel Pumps

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Tue Jul 30 07:29:08 EDT 2013

At 12:30 AM 7/27/2013, Smitty wrote:
>Before you bad mouth the poor old picked on Mechanical pump and re-fire the
>electric pump wars, I suggest you look around a the couple hundred other
>Corvairs around you that are burning the same fuel you are and ask the
>owners how they avoid vapor lock.

I do it by not parking on fresh blacktop if possible, or at least
parking in shadows.  I once parked the '69 Monza in a freshly paved
bank parking lot in August sun and when I got back the car started
and ran long enough to get halfway across the lot and quit.  It was a
tasty adventure taking fuel lines off and sucking cold fuel
(relatively) out of the tank and through the fuel lines to get the
pump to reprime and actually pump something besides vapor.  I am not
entirely sure the alky had any effect... it was hot that day and the
pavement was radiating.  I don't do that anymore.  :)

tony..