<VV> Vendor eviction on Friday?

Tom Berg thesuperscribe at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 30 22:39:20 EDT 2013

Folks,

I haven't seen any comments on the reported eviction of vendors from the convention's host hotel at midday on Friday, a day earlier than expected by some late-arriving attendees, who wanted to shop for parts but couldn't. Were vendors were told at 10 a.m. to be off the premises by noon? Was this in the schedule or was it something decided suddenly by someone?

My wife and I left Kalamazoo on Friday morning so I am no witness. But a couple of guys told me that vendors were surprised and unhappy about it. Did they have a right to be, or should they have known about it? Vendor sales were on the general schedule for Friday but not Saturday, so the cutoff wasn't a day early. I don't have my detailed program so don't know if the closing time was supposed to be noon or 4:30 or 5 p.m., as it was on the previous days.

Please enlighten me, as I'm doing our club's newsletter and want to print facts, not misconceptions.

--Tom Berg in Ohio

PS: Please understand that we enjoyed the convention (I more than my wife, who's really bothered by heat and humidity, but that couldn't be helped). And we greatly appreciate the work of the organizers.