<VV> prepping old Koni's for use

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Jun 1 15:16:30 EDT 2013

Ray - For fronts, I would extend them out to full length, then polish the
upper shafts to remove any minor rust. This will protect the seals during
operation. Then, with the shocks held vertically, cycle them up and down a
few  times. I would do this at full soft and then at full stiff, just to make
sure  everything inside the shock is still loose. It is harder to get up
inside for  the rears, but probably worth shooting some lube up onto the shafts
before  cycling them. Stock springs "HAD" a tag on them - probably long
gone by now.  Supposedly you can calculate, or at least, match springs by wire
diameter,  number of coils and free height.
HD= thicker wire AND shorter height. More coils and taller height = higher
load carrying, like  A/C cars or Convertibles. - Seth

In a message dated 6/1/2013 11:52:35 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,