<VV> LM gas tank

Cliff Tibbitts cliff at tibweb.com
Mon Jun 24 09:05:14 EDT 2013

Rich, the easiest way is to let someone else do it.  I just finished
replacing the hoses on a friend's 64.  PITA.

Seth is correct.  If the hoses are new, which I hope is the case.  Try
removing the anti-sway bar first.  This is easier than dropping the entire
suspension.  With someone helping you from above, you just might be able to
slide the tank into position with the filler tube and vent hoses attached.
What will most likely work is to put the hoses on the tank first.  Then
slide the filler into position, and then slide the tank up into place trying
to line up both hoses at the same time.  One very important word of advice.
Make certain you line the clamps up so that you can get a wrench or nut
driver on them later if you need to make any adjustments.  When I put the
tank in my 66 the steering column was out of the car as well which greatly
facilitated things.

Sadly, without dropping the entire suspension, there really isn't an easy
way.

Good luck,
Cliff Tibbitts
Lexington, KY