<VV> 1963 SPYDER CONVERT ~ dealer's "doors"

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Tue Mar 12 10:04:11 EDT 2013

The original question was approximately:

"Could a '63 built in October have been built in October '63, or was it October '62?"

The answer is no.  It doesn't matter if it was sold in 1970, a '63 is still a '63, and they stopped building them around August.  If we were talking about a car built in August, however, then you'd look at the VIN to determine if it were August '62 (very low VIN), or August '63 (high VIN).

--Bryan