<VV> HELP: Apparent Electrical Issue

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Fri Mar 15 15:19:03 EDT 2013

 There are several issues at work here:
1. These connectors are, in some cases, over 50 years old. The plastic is losing its shape in some cases.
2. The brass terminals can become embrittled. I've seen some of them with pieces missing and cracks. Not as bad as the German wiring harnesses in VWs, et al, but it happens.
3. A LOT of us have become used to the utterly bulletproof reliability of modern car electrical systems. At some point given the connections went from less than 100 to over 5000, well, the 60s style connectors just wouldn't do. Hence the Weatherpak connectors, et al.
4. NOBODY has used an HRPT in ANY new car design in a very long while. Why? See #3!

John Roberts