<VV> PG Question

Bob Gilbert bgilbert at gilberts-bc.ca
Sun Mar 17 14:45:31 EDT 2013

Hi,

I got the motor running on my friend's 67 4 door coupe and now the next
problem is the PG transmission, which I have almost no experience with.

Here's the situation.

At stock idle speed, putting it into reverse creates a small "thunk" and the
motor stalls 50% of the time

Doing the same in Drive, produces a loud, solid thunk and the motor
instantly dies.

I increased the idle speed just enough to avoid the motor stalling but both
"thunks" are about the same.

It has sat for a long while and the transmission has fluid up to the fill
mark.

I haven't taken it for a test drive yet in case there's something I need to
check/do first.

Is it possible it just needs some activity?

Any ideas or comments most welcome.

Thanks,

Bob