<VV> Automotive TERMS THAT UPSET SOME?

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Mon May 20 09:47:25 EDT 2013

Original message - From: Matt Nall < patiomatt at aol.com >
Subject: Re: <VV> Automotive TERMS THAT UPSET SOME?

Bill Hubbell

ps, my father died of colon cancer, my grandfather died of esophageal cancer,
but it does not bother me to speak of bad car rust as cancer because I know that
a car is not a person and the word has different meanings when used in different
contexts.
Reminds me of the guy over at the CCF that reported he had to go to "Sensitivity Counseling" after Saying in AUTOSHOP

"The timing is is RETARDED"!! He now says, " The timing is less advanced than it should be" !! LOL!

Matt Nall

My dad died a horrible death from complications of botched heart surgery in 1998.

My sister was taking some programming course at the time.

The lectures that included stuff about managing "dead parents" were pretty tough.
http://compgroups.net/comp.lang.perl.misc/how-to-detect-a-dead-parent/479460
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9106997/deadlock-with-flock-fork-and-terminating-parent-process

Dan T