<VV> Blow By Question

Bob Gilbert bgilbert at gilberts-bc.ca
Tue May 28 17:53:55 EDT 2013

Hi,

My friends 67 PG runs well, idles smoothly but is now exhibiting blow by at
higher RPMS - to the point that oil comes out of the dip stick tube.

I first detected the problem when I happened to check the oil level while
the engine was running and noticed that it was well above the level when
cold. At high RPMs it bubbles out the top of the tube.

Two questions:

With the oil showing an inch or so above the full mark at 1500 RPMs is the
engine still being properly lubricated?

Directly related - it is safe to drive short distances until it can be
fixed?

Regards,

Bob