<VV> Harp Hill Road

Jim Davis jld at wk.net
Sun Nov 24 14:48:22 EST 2013

The real mountain drive in the eastern US is the Cherohala Skyway
(NC-145 and TN-165).  Going east and starting at 4,100 ft elevation at
Dobson, NC and topping off 5,400 ft at Haw Knob then down to Tellico
plains at 900 ft elevation all in 54 miles <http://cherohala.org/>.  For
sheer curves, try US-129 from Deals Gap down to the dam (318 curves of
30 degrees or more in 11 miles)
http://www.tailofthedragonmaps.com/maps_ridemeposter.html>. For a
mountain drive try NC-28 (moonshiner 28) from Deals Gap down to Walhala,
GA <http://www.tailofthedragonmaps.com/maps_moonshiner28.html>
The place to stay in the area is Fontana Village.  A for a more sedate
drive try the Blue Ridge Parkway north east from Ravensford, NC.
<http://www.blueridgeparkway.org/>
Jim Davis