<VV> Harp Hill Road & Plattekill Clove Road

Shelrockbored at aol.com Shelrockbored at aol.com
Sun Nov 24 19:38:26 EST 2013

Thanks Guys:

I know MD 17 so that makes Harp Hill Road not as far away as I  thought.
Frederick, Md. is not too far away from the Corvair  Ranch.  As I said
earlier I'm compiling a list of places to take my  Corsa.  As automotive
enthusiasts we should also be driving  enthusiasts.  North Carolina and Tennessee are
further away but I'll  get there.

You guys should try Plattekill Clove Road in the Catskill Mountains.   It's
not too steep but it's scary.  I go up and down it every now and  then to
maintain my driving skill.  A clove is a Dutch word to describe a  deep cleft
in a mountain side or ridge.  Most would call it a ravine.   And despite
the seemingly innocent sounding name, all the cloves in the  Catskills are
very steep.

I can't give you directions but its eastern end is near the N.Y. Thruway
Interchange 20 (NY 32/212 - Saugerties).  N.Y. 212 west.  You just  have to
know where to turn.  I couldn't say off the top of my  head.  From the west
take Co Rd 16 east out of Tannersville off  the south side of NY 23A.  NY 23A
itself climbs into the  Catskills via a clove - Kaaterskill Clove between
Palenville and Haines Falls,  N.Y.

Steve Sassi
Long Island Corvair