<VV> Disk Brake Effort

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Mon Nov 25 16:35:33 EST 2013

That increases the travel and I'm just about out of travel as it is.  The only
option I see is to use power assist or live with the effort.  This is the only
car I've ever driven with non-power discs.  It has 13" disks all around with B
body front calipers and old Trans Am rear calipers.  I figured the excess travel
was due to the volume of fluid required for the calipers.  Am I wrong?  I've got
nylon/braided steel lines and the pedal feels solid.  My Malibu has the same
calipers and lines with power assist and it stops great with "normal" effort.

Joel McGregor

From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org [virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] on
behalf of Matt Nall [patiomatt at aol.com]
Subject: Re: <VV> Disk Brake Effort

you just need a smaller bore MC!!  Leverage!!

Matt Nall

Something is amiss!!   Usually it's  Short travel.... high effort....

Try a larger Diameter MC...

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio