<VV> HELP - Owen is looking for some assistance – UV500 broke down.

Tony . ultravanman248 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 09:21:20 EDT 2014

UpDate: Owen got UV500 towed to KS.

T. Kalp of Wichita, KS - WROTE the following on: April 02, 2014 07:46PM on CCF

After Owen's Ultra Van arrived at about three this afternoon and we got it unloaded from the roll back and parked by the shop, diagnostics were performed. Pulled all the spark plugs none looked oily or had oil spatter. Ran a compression test and number 5 was zero. Put number 5 on TDC and fed a little air to the cylinder and air came rushing out the carb.

Owen dropped the valve cover on the passenger side and the rocker on number 5 intake was loose and the valve stem was setting lower than the exhaust.

Does removing the rockers and pushrods work when it is an intake valve hanging open? I would guess it might mess up the fuel mixture some. Never have tried it. Does keeping the exhaust valve closed make it work?

Anyway will keep everyone posted.

T. Kalp
Wichita, KS

Thanks everyone for your concern and help.
Sincerely, Tony