<VV> Turbo question

jim bannister jimster1 at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 7 04:49:19 EDT 2014

I've had a Turbo for over ten years now.  Zero problems unique to the turbo.
If the turbo itself is lame, yes, it will need rebuilding\replacing.  On the
plus side, it has only one carb and it is pretty simple.  We have vendors
that do successful rebuilds at minimal cost. Keep an eye on your oil, and
use the good stuff.  Remember, in its day, the turbo had the most horsepower
per cubic inch displacement of any GM engine.  Hot stuff back then.  Yes,
the turbo does have a lag, but once it kicks in, hang on to your hat.  I
doubt if you can hold it on the floor for more than 30 seconds.  Mine is
still pulling hard on the expensive side of 100 MPH.  Fun......but keep an
eye on the rear view mirror.
Jim, '66 Turbovert