<VV> Change to 14" or 15" wheels on early Corvairs

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Apr 8 13:06:24 EDT 2014

Since the 4 on 4.5" (or 114.3mm) pattern is used on many cars, there will
always be aftermarket support for that pattern, so don't be too concerned. I
do  not own any earlies right now, but I have sent several people who are
looking  for "stock-type" wheels for an early to a site that makes "replica"
wheels that  resemble the popular Chevy Rally wheels used on the
Camaro/Chevelle/Chevy II of  the late 60's. They make a 14 x 6" wheel which clears
everything, uses a outer  trim ring and a center cap from a 67 Camaro. (Replicas
are available that say  "Chevrolet Motor Division" on them.) The cap covers
up the wheel center so you  cannot tell that it has the 4-bolt pattern. The
wheels are available Chromed,  powdercoated, or ready for paint. I like the
look on an early model. It looks  like it should have been a factory option.

The car above has the 1968-up GM center cap. I prefer the 67, but at least
you have a choice.

http://www.petepaulsen.com/catalog/rally.html

They are located in California's central Valley some miles south of
Stockton.

-Seth Emerson

In a message dated 4/8/2014 8:08:16 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,