<VV> Misaligned Rockers

James Cuneo jamescuneo at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 16 11:13:43 EDT 2014

Thanks for all of your replys,
 As for the Comp Cams rockers, I used the magnum series which looks like a stock rocker with a roller on the end. I modified them by enlarging stud hole to accommodate the canted angle and drilled a hole at the push rod end to aid in lubricating the rocker ball. Also plugged hole at tip of rocker to force more oil to flow through side spray hole in push rod. Clarks Part number and angle match for a 140 and they are installed correctly. Six of the twelve Clarks rockers, 4 intake, 2 exhaust, do not line up squarely on the the valve tip, this misalignment stays the same through the lift of the valve. Same experience with the Comps. I tried a new stock rocker in place and it lines up very well.  My cam is relatively mild, otto tb20. Because of the more rigid arrangement of the Clarks rockers, I am not as concerned about the roller slipping off to the side of the valve but, want the roller to at least make full width contact with valve and not ride off to one side. I have an adjustable push rod and length makes no difference to this alignment.  I had to modify the guide plates in order to get the Comps to operate squarely, looks like I will have to do same with the Clarks.Have any of you modified guide plates to help with this?Thanks,Jim
--Forwarded Message Attachment--