<VV> 64 doesn't crank

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Mon Aug 4 03:55:32 EDT 2014

you know - if I am messing with a car that's been sitting for a long
time, I'd consider it good practice to pull the plugs, squirt some oil
down the holes, and maybe even stir it up with some compressed air down
each plug hole.
Then try to get the engine to rotate  by hand, before hitting it with a
starter.

But I might get in a hurry and do the starter anyway...
The last time I tried to get an oldie running, it was a Ford 302, and
too many of the valves were stuck in the guides. I decided to let the
vehicle slide off into the scrapyard.
But that was a truck that would have been a pain to equip with proper
smog equipment for CA.
cheers
Jay

--
Jay Maechtlen SoCal '61 2-dr modified w/fiberglass skin, transverse 3.8
Buick V6 TH440T4 trans

---