<VV> 1967 Monza Fuel Tank Removal Sway Bar Question

Charlie chaz at properproper.com
Mon Aug 4 14:01:57 EDT 2014

I've got the tank 9/10ths of the way out, ~ just one bolt getting in the
way.

One problem is that the filler pipe goose neck is so long and giraffe-like!
Can I remove it when the tank is halfway out so that the car doesn't need to
be 3' off the ground to get the entire assembly out?

Before I get to that point though, the inboard bolt that holds the right
side of the sway bar won't let me drop the sway bar to swing it out of the
way.

Is it SOP to pry the clamp open, rather than remove this bolt?

See photo and diagram attached (VV links down below?)

The light of a new day has not illuminated the issue (despite less rain
today)

Thanks for listening~
Charlie