<VV> $11, 291 Electric 1966 Corvair "complete" AC Conversion Kit (batteries not included)

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Sun Aug 17 06:39:43 EDT 2014

Bob, in the Volt, the engine is connected to the drivetrain. Before it was introduced, the buzz was the engine would run the generator, and that was it. But in reality, it made more sense from a weight standpoint to have the engine share the drivetrain. But, unlike most 'hybrids', the Volt can have the engine completely out of the equation for pure electric operation.

John Roberts