<VV> Brakes

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Tue Dec 23 13:39:17 EST 2014

I would guess new shoes are matched to the arc of new drums so any turning makes the shoe go in the direction you mentioned.  I would also guess that the arc of the shoe being smaller than the drum is probably more to make up for flex than any problem with the edge since the edge is what is pushed into the drum by the wheel cylinder but that's just a guess.

Joel McGregor

From: Jay Maechtlen [jaysplace at laserpubs.com]
Subject: Re: <VV> Brakes

Agreed.
IIRC, you'd arc the shoes a bit smaller than the drums, to make sure the
ends didn't hit first.
It was never mentioned, but the freshly turned surface of the drum would
probably wear the shoe to correct any mis-match.

--
Jay Maechtlen
SoCal