<VV> Title

hank kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Sun Dec 28 14:18:19 EST 2014

Hi Smitty----hope you and yours are well..

True or not makes no difference, we both know it happens.  Doesn't mean you
really did it.  VERY commonly done in NC up until this past year (2014), for
cars purchased in states other than NC.  New Law 01/01/14, all vehicles
brought into NC from other states must be brought in for a DMV inspection
before a NC title can be issued.
Somehow, though I'm not sure, I doubt a DMV inspector would know where the
hidden VIN for a Corvair is.  And if that particular part of the body was
missing and/or replaced, what would they do really? If you have a Corvair
Title with matching VIN plate, (Which most of us have several) that fits the
description of the car being titled----Yes, it's against the law.  I've been
argued at in the past for saying "I prefer this mild breaking of the law in
order to save a car and put it on the road.".   Distilling your own alcohol
without a distilling permit and a tax permit from the ABC Board is against
the law in NC too, but many law enforcement officers turn a blind eye to
small batch pot stills.  Too busy chasing down meth labs I would imagine.

Hank