<VV> Register now! NECC at NJ MOTORSPORTS PARK

Allan V. Lacki redbat01 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 21 18:29:15 EDT 2014

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2014. HIGH PERFORMANCE DRIVING with the NORTHEAST CORVAIR COUNCIL at NJ MOTORSPORTS PARK!

Mark your calendar!  Get your car ready!  Register now!  Full details at www.neccmotorsports.com

You are invited to join the Northeast Corvair Council (NECC) for a full day of high-performance driving at New Jersey Motorsports Park (NJMP)!

We'll be running our event on this facility's Thunderbolt Circuit which features 2.25 miles of asphalt, 12 challenging turns, a one half mile straight-away and approximately 40 acres of full service paddock space. Amenities include concession buildings, event garages, and a three (3) story timing tower with media center.

A full day of open track driving beginning at 9 AM capped with timed laps beginning at 2 PM and then more open track driving until 5 PM.  We have signed the contract, paid the deposit, and obtained insurance to rent this beautiful facility, rain or shine.  GPS Address for the NJMP is: 8000 Dividing Creek Road, Millville, NJ 08332.

Event Description:

Option 1 - High Performance Driving.  The "High Performance Driving" option consists of open-track driving beginning at 9 AM capped with timed laps beginning at 3 PM and then more open track driving until 5 PM.  No passing will be permitted except on designated straight-aways.  Lap times will be recorded by traditional stop-watch methods.  For the timed runs, each car gets 1 warm-up lap, 2 or 3 timed laps & 1 cool-down lap. 3-point safety belts (minimum) are required for all cars and roll bars are required for all convertibles.  Snell-2005 or better helmets required for drivers.  Un-muffled engines must not be run before 8:30 a.m. or after 8:00 p.m.  Price - a very reasonable $229 for the ride of your life!

Option 2 - Taste of Track.  The "Taste of the Track" option is a low-cost introductory program oriented toward first-timers.  You?ll sit in on our drivers meeting, learn about corner workers and flags, and have an opportunity to be a pit marshal if you so desire.  You?ll learn how we time the cars and post results.  The best part will be the opportunity to see the track from a driver?s view.  We?ll send you out on the track with your own car.  Following a pace car, you?ll be able to experience the thrill of cornering and the experience of the long straight-aways.  Although we highly encourage Taste of the Track drivers to inspect their cars, Taste of the Track cars are exempt from formal Tech Inspection.  Price for the Taste - merely $29!

Eligible Vehicles:

Corvairs and all other makes and models of cars are welcome to participate in this event.  Unmodified factory street cars as well as cars modified for track use are eligible.  All will be subject to our usual safety and tech inspection procedures described below.  Our starting grid often includes Porsches, Mazdas, Mustangs, Corvettes, Camaros, Mini Coopers, and of course, plenty of Corvairs!

Did you say your Corvair isn't ready for the track?  Bring your wife's Prius instead!  No matter what you drive, you will get plenty of time on the track.  Sorry, but this event is not open to trucks, vans, or motorcycles.

Full details at www.neccmotorsports.com

Al Lacki for NECC
redbat01 at verizon.net
www.neccmotorsports.com