<VV> California DMV

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Jun 11 19:07:38 EDT 2014

Okay - A hearsay DMV story. Told to me by "a friend."

This guy shows up at the DMV to re-register his boat to head out for  the
weekend. Being from California, the title has been made out to Mr. and Mrs.
He signs it and gives the paperwork to the clerk. (This is back when there
were  lines at each counter, now they use a take-a-number system.) The clerk
tells him  that he needs his wife's signature also. He tells the clerk his
wife had already  gone on ahead to the cabin and he was bringing up the boat.
The clerk says he  should take the DMV form out to the car and get her
signature. (hint-hint)  He tells the clerk "She isn't here, she is at the cabin.
How can I possibly  get her signature." The clerk tries once more: "I'm
sure you can go out to the  car and come back with her signature." The doofus
is still unaware, and is  starting to go ballistic, when my friend - next in
line - takes him aside and  quietly explains the "situation" to him. Go sign
her name and bring it back!  The light bulb goes off, he returns a minute
later - looking about 6 inches  shorter than when he left, quietly concludes
the paperwork and slinks out the  door.

True Story? Who cares, but it's a good one!

- Seth Emerson

In a message dated 6/11/2014 1:18:24 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,