<VV> California DMV

Jim Becker mr.jebecker at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 21:06:37 EDT 2014

I participated in a conversation that was disturbingly close to Seth's
story.  We were going to a lake for the week end.  It was about 30 miles to
the lake but the county seat (the only place you could get plates) was at
the head end of the lake and only a mile or two from where we were.  We went
on Friday afternoon while the offices were still open.  As I recall, I
needed to go to the county for something so Dad sent a renewal, transfer,
whatever it was for me to take care of while I was there.

I got to the head of the line and the clerk immediately noticed dad's
signature was missing.  She said go out in the hall and have him sign it and
bring it back.  I replied that he was down at the lake and I could run down
and have him sign it and be back shortly.  She repeated to go out in the
hall and have him sign it.  I repeated . . .  Finally I went out in hall and
had him sign it.  I think we were both saying the same thing without
realizing it.

Jim Becker