<VV> California DMV

Jack Pinard corvairjack at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 12 15:53:24 EDT 2014

Love the yarns about real or imagined title problems, but skeptical of most.
Don't like to correct my guru Seth, but there is no "Mr.  and Mrs." on California titles. Full names are required for "and" or "and/or". The latter avoids executor issue.
Titles can also be transferred to family members as "gift" with no tax and only $15.00 fee.
Auto Club can perform most routine transfers.
Renewals and appointments for DMV visits can be made online, such as my mandatory testing for driver license renewal (age).
And in California we are not treated as criminals when stating selling price. I have never been questioned about value of classic or contemporary car, and I do many transfers.
One technical issue encountered was relicensing a Greenbrier parked for 14 years that required an inspection. The rear seats were missing, which placed it in van category requiring commercial (expensive) plates. I had to borrow two benches and return to qualify as passenger car.
The inspector warned me that if stopped by CHP without the seats I could be cited. In 15 years with only front buckets haven't been stopped, so cant verify.
So come to California and pay a little for magnificent scenery, clean air and good water.  Our bridges aren't closed by spiteful politicians and hurricanes, only infrequently by earthquakes if not retrofitted.
I've got my money's worth for 82 years in lala land and welcome y'all.
Jack
Five Corvairs and two car garage