<VV> Come to California for good water?

Charlie chaz at properproper.com
Thu Jun 12 16:25:14 EDT 2014

Hi there fellow Californian

Where is it that you live that you have good water?

Back east I could drink tap water, but not here in SoCal, Hemet in the
Riverside area!

Water tastes like chalk and even the local filtered bottled water still has
a bit of the taste.

I was once asked by the "Water Quality" people, and I had to say I don't
even like washing dishes or my car with their water, since it leaves VERY
HARD mineral deposits if not dried off quickly enough!

In lala-land, like you say, it's only the weather that keeps me from
running, screaming away from the land of quakes and flakes.

As a HS and college teacher, I've experienced what California has to offer,
and understand the stories of incompetent government employees just
"checking off boxes" without regard to the truthfulness of what they
process.

I once tried to "honestly" cash a 10 year old check for $800 at a bank where
they gave me a big runaround of legal procedures, to which I smiled and
agreed to follow all of those innumerable steps.

I then walked over to the ATM and deposited it, and it cleared the next day,
over 4 years ago now.

Sometimes, you can depend on their incompetence, but just don't point it out
beforehand!

A good example, and a true story, was my "New York City (Corvair) Parking
Ticket" that I delivered at a Toastmasters contest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaJCsklBQ2I

sometimes you just have to enjoy the ride!

Charlie