<VV> What to do in Newport Beach, California? (any Corvair?)

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Mon Mar 3 07:49:09 EST 2014

At 01:00 PM 2/26/2014, hallgrenn at aol.com wrote:

>Lonzo,
>
>If you are in SOCAL on Friday evening visit the Burbank Big Boy
>(right next to Toluca Lake) for their Friday night cruise in.  It's
>also the oldest Big Boy (1946) and the burgers are good too.
>
>Bob

Not much to do with what to do in Newport beach, but I thought I'd
mention that one of the better shape UP Big Boy locomotives has been
removed from display and on its way to being restored to roadworthy
shape and excursion service.  Finally.  There are a lot of folks who
believe, that with the number of surviving Big Boy locomotives, ONE
of them should be running.

Likewise the Nickel Plate Line #763 Berkshire (supposed the best
running of all the NKP Berks) was recently sold off from the museum
here and taken "back home" to be restored for excursion service.

And of course the Norfolk & Western J-class #611 streamliner is being
prepped for its move from the Museum to the steam shops for overhaul
and return to excursion service.  Finally, again.

OK, back to on-topic stuff... waiting for a dry spring to break out
the '60 4-door again.  Not gonna drive it in the sort of slop we've
had for most of this winter here.

tony..