<VV> Chrysler/Fiat orders Rare Collector Car Crushed -

J. R. Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 6 22:17:10 EST 2014

Ownership!  The owner is liable for the use of the vehicle.  Once sold, the
buyer is the owner.

Let me also mention the new Fiat-Chrysler relationship.  Who knows what
impact (if any) that may have had on the decision to destroy?  I don't know,
but I could see that playing into this whole situation.

But, in the long run I'd guess that in this case these cars were not
completely "street legal" since they were essentially pre-production cars.
I can see that they cannot be SOLD to be driven for that reason.  So what is
left?  Pay out every time a student cracks one up or just destroy them and
be done with the liability.  The destruction route would seem like the
corporate decision to me.

Later, JR