<VV> Electrical problem #2

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Mon May 5 02:00:41 EDT 2014

The comment above about checking ground might not have been completely
clear -

The taillight housing is aluminum.
The socket is steel.
They are crimped together - it can look fine, but have high resistance
between the steel and aluminum.
On one of mine, I had about 8 Ohms between the socket and the aluminum -
and it misbehaved.
I drilled through the joint at two points and installed pop rivets that
would bridge the two materials.
Works ok so far.

cheers
Jay

--
Jay Maechtlen SoCal '61 2-dr modified w/fiberglass skin, transverse 3.8
Buick V6 TH440T4 trans

---