<VV> VV> Rampside delivery

Eric Taylor corveric at me.com
Fri May 9 01:40:40 EDT 2014

Both of my Rampsides had heaters. Perhaps a geographical likelihood.
I have tried an electric heater and it didn't work well.  Not nearly enough heat.  But I did install an Eberspacher ( Espar Airtronic D2) sleeper heater and that does the trick.  I bought a diesel fired heater as it was a lot cheaper than a gas fired one.  Then I hung a small chrome tank on the back of the cab for the diesel.
I routed the heat down into the original heater tubing so it follows the factory floor heat/defog channels.  As it uses an incredibly small draw of electricity I can leave the heater on for hours with the engine off.
Of course, there are only a few months a year that matters around here but when we go on cross country trips it sure is nice to have that heat through the mountain passes.
Brace yourself for the cost of a new one or look in a big truck wrecking yard for a used one.  Also commonly used in marine applications.

Corveric
Langley, BC Canada

Sent while I'm on the run.
That should explain the heavy breathing.