<VV> Suspension option for '64?

Dave Leonard dave at arborlea.com
Tue May 13 23:37:40 EDT 2014

Interesting!  Does anyone have any evidence or confirmation of there
actually being a HD suspension option installed on '64 cars?  I've never
seen it listed anywhere as an available orderable option, have never seen it
on a window sticker, and don't believe that the P&A 30C parts books lists
any HD spring alternatives for '64 (however, I didn't go find my book to
re-check).

Dave

> Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 12:52:59 -0400 (EDT)
> From: wrsssatty at aol.com
> Subject: <VV> Suspension option for '64?  Was:   Heavy duty suspension?
>
> <Unlike earlier and later years, there was no optional suspension
available in '64 on the cars.> The sales brochure for '64 passenger cars
lists, under "Corvair Options  and Custom Features", "Special suspension is
available for all models; includes special front and rear springs and shock
absorbers."  Tony Fiore on page 64  (appropriately!) of "The Corvair Decade"
wrote; "the extra cost special suspension option now [model year 1964]
consisted of specially calibrated coil springs and heavy-duty shock
absorbers."