<VV> 1967 Monza ~ Temp Work-around : 140 --> PG?

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Tue May 27 14:00:34 EDT 2014

Easy. Just remove the pilot bushing from the end of the crankshaft if the
140 HP was mated to a manual transmission.

Use the PG belhousing/flex plate/torque conveter of the 110 HP you remove.

If you are pulling it out later to fix leaks, do not even replace the crank
seal at this time. Use "Right Stuff" to help old bellhousing gasket and oil
pan gasket, but SPARINGLY!!!

It will run fine. Not as good as a 140 HP with the correct crank gear for 4
degree retard, but good.

Frank DuVal

Original email: