<VV> 110 PG --> 140 PG : bell housing bolt not obvious?

Charlie chaz at properproper.com
Fri May 30 22:09:33 EDT 2014

The code guy made me his first stop, so I have 10 days before the town tows
it to the scrap yard, or I move it somewhere else.

I'd prefer not to give the cranky neighbor the satisfaction of seeing my
Vair get towed (regardless of where), so I now have to decide if the
real-deal 140+4-speed (Plan "A") or the 140+PG (Plan "B") is the
quicker/better way
I looked for a bell housing bolt that's "not obvious"  but I think it's just
the TQ "nub" stuck where the pilot bushing be on a manual trans?

I think I got them all since the bell housing separates from the diff by as
much as about 1/2" all around and the gap is parallel.

I have removed the 3 TC bolts which increased this separation by about
double what it was, but now it's snagged again.

If the TC stays on the diff, then the input shaft may be stuck.

This may be due to misalignment of the engine and diff, but I tried to align
them by making the separation of engine and diff the same all around
(parallel) to align those parts.

Still no-go though.

Charlie