<VV> was getting stranded, now HB life

kevin nash wrokit at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 3 22:31:25 EST 2014

> Everybody with a stock (non-rebuilt) harmonic balancer /  harmonic damper
> please replace it NOW with a rebuilt or new one from one of our  vendors.
> Please.
>
> Bob Helt

Does anyone have any sense of how long the new SFI approved balancers should last (I think that's the right wording)-
I bought one from Clark's years ago, (these are the ones that had a new machined outer ring, and new non-"rubber")
and ended up using it on my early Turbo, as I was converting it to distributor-less ignition and needed a crank pulley that
had enough material on the engine side of the pulley to drill some holes for mounting magnets. Since that shiny and expensive pulley had that and my stock pulley didn't, I used the shiny one! I hadn't realized it, but that pulley is 14 or 15 years old now,
and has been on my car since 2005 (I think). Just wondering, I haven't noticed any timing slippage or movement.
Thanks
Kevin Nash
63 Turbo, EFI, daily driver