<VV> Interesting roads

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Tue Nov 4 12:02:39 EST 2014

From: Jim Davis <jld at wk.net>
To: "J. R. Read"
Not US-89A but I did take US-89 from Flagsatff  to Mount Carmel
Junction, UT after the CORSA Convention in the UltraVan.   The worst
road of the trip was UT-14 east out of  Cedar City (up Coal Mountain).
It says no RV or trailers but I was driving an ULTRA VAN.
Jim Davis-
Smitty Says;  We have gone out of our way to travel some recommended and
"not recommended" roads just for the experience.  Jim I seriously would not
recommend either of these for the Ultra.  The scariest was the road up to
the peak of Mt Evens.  No shoulder and the roadway crumbling away 3 ft into
the asphalt.  Passing opposing traffic is by the Braille method.  The
toughest was Redman Pass.  If I remember right it was 3 hours wide open in
low (PG) gear with a max speed of 15 mph.  That can't be right but it is
what sticks in my mind.
I recognize that I can't go on forever, so I am passing my banner on to Tim
Shortle to put every mile in the US behind him.  I always considered signs
saying NO Trucks Or Trailers to be nothing more than a challenge.