<VV> Fan Belt

RICHARD rbeth at comcast.net
Sat Nov 22 14:30:55 EST 2014

This morning I was driving my 63 Corvair Conv at 50 MPH and it was 17 degrees I have a
Spyder dash and the temp gauge was showing not quite 300 degrees. The temp guage
started to climb. As soon as I could I pulled into a shopping center and shut off the
engine. The Gen light never did light. I looked in the engine compt and noticed
the fan belt had broken. The Gen was still spinning I went to the trunk fot a new belt
and tools, and when I got to the engine compt the Gen was still spinning.If I didn't
watch the temp guage I would never have known that the car was running hot. What
kept the Gen turning. Was the Gen getting juice from the battery and that kept it
turning.

Thanks for any input.

Richard Bethard
Nokesville, Va