<VV> Space Saver Spare for Early Model

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Mon Oct 6 10:57:03 EDT 2014

Obviously, if the spare tire is to be smaller and lighter than the car's
regular tires, something has to be traded off.
If you could make the spare just as good as a regular tire, then why is
the regular tire so crappy that a small tire can be just as good?!
 From time to time I see a car with regular tires on the side of the
freeway - pointed in the wrong direction. hmmm.
And people still manage to spin with regular tires. Putting a much
smaller tire on a random corner of the car - that's a recipe for
disaster at some point if they don't take it easy.

If it was almost as good, people would leave it on, and the car's safety
is impaired*. Then something happens, and it is a product liability
issye, because the driver thought it would be ok, and it seemed to be ok...
* "impaired" meaning not exactly the same as with a regular tire.

Better it should be obviously not ok?

--
Jay Maechtlen SoCal '61 2-dr modified w/fiberglass skin, transverse 3.8
Buick V6 TH440T4 trans

---