<VV> Update regarding help with rt brake light

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Oct 6 16:10:35 EDT 2014

I'm confused. John says his right turn signal works along with his parking
light. Just his brake light is not working. Now, assuming he IS talking
about the right rear lamp assembly, then all the grounding in the world
will not make the lights work that ALREADY WORK!

Is John trying to confuse me by talking about both the front and rear lamps
in the same sentence? I don't think so...

And also for people searching in the future, the late models do not have
the socket crimped to the reflector, it snaps into the reflector with two
bad grounding clips. There is no place to put a screw to connect metal
reflector to metal socket.

I have put a small sheet metal screw (#4 x 3/8" or so) through the plastic
housing to hold the metal socket in the plastic housing.

Frank DuVal

Original email: