<VV> Long Life Batteries Re: [FC] 51R Batteries only three major sources

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Wed Oct 22 11:54:14 EDT 2014

Battery Tenders are great but are really just basic chargers with some float circuitry to keep them from overcharging.  Battery Minders are much better in that they will revive sulfated batteries.  If you keep your battery fully charged all the time with a good float charger like the Tender you would probably have results that are just as good.
http://www.batteryminders.com/
They have been around for years and I've had great luck with them.  I have one motorcycle that I used to have to replace the battery about every 18 months.  It was dead again (wouldn't charge) and I left a Batteryminder on it for a few weeks and it started right up.  Still using that battery and it's around 4 years old now.  I keep the Batteryminder on it all the time when I'm not riding it.  I bought 4 of them about 15 years ago and 3 are still working great.  I lost the fourth one somewhere.  I've bought a few more recently from eBay.  All my old ones are #12112 and I recently got a #12117.

Joel McGregor