<VV> Re/ Turbo hose clamps

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Oct 25 23:07:55 EDT 2014

Hose clamps should not be on the high point of the barb. The clamp
should ride on the outside (cut end of hose side) of the barb, bending
the hose over the high point of the barb. This helps seal if the barb
high rib has low spots in it.

      CCC XXXX
     XXXXBBBBXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

In this top view of the hose, the clamp is the CCC   the rib is BBB and
the XXXs is the rubber hose.

Clamping on the high row of XXXs puts less clamping pressure on the hose
than placing the clamps on the CCC area.

Frank DuVal